The new organisation of Ansaldo STS, in line with the 4 principles outlined above and with the intent to create a single, strong central business-driven Group, is structured as follows:
This structure ensures:
- the definition of strategies and management of resources is done by the Business Units;
- the development of global standard solutions are assigned to a specific, dedicated unit (SPP Unit) and their customisation to meet the requirements of customers is assigned to the Business Units;
- the flexibility and empowerment of local resources.
The Business Units (Signalling and Transportation Solutions) are responsible for:
- defining and implementing specific business strategies, at both global and individual country level, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness;
- managing resources globally and monitoring markets and competitors;
- ensuring the implementation of processes, procedures and tools;
- ensuring the capitalisation and exchange of knowledge at a global level.
The SPP unit is responsible for:
- developing and managing the product/platform/generic application portfolio;
- developing strategies and innovations that ensure efficiency and effective development;
- verifying and guaranteeing the safety of products and platforms created through RAMS – Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety;
- providing the Business Units with all parts, systems and services to optimise procurement and production times and costs;
- managing technical resources;
- ensuring the implementation of shared processes, procedures and tools;
- ensuring the capitalisation and exchange of knowledge.