The management of environmental topics, the battle against climate change, environmental protection and sustainable growth are factors strategic in running and developing the company’s activities.
The four key principles of Ansaldo STS’s environmental policy:
- Protect the environment by preventing impacts.
- Improve and foster the environmental characteristics of products and services.
- Create value for the company.
- Satisfy and go beyond the legal obligations of compliance and voluntary commitments.
The four strategic objectives
1. Application of Environmental Management Systems recognized at the international level to the entire Organization. These systems are inspired by the principle of ongoing improvement and the definition of environmental indices in order to measure the environmental performance of the entire Organization.
- Annual preservation of the ISO 14001 certifications.
- Rationalization and simplification of the certifications in the various organizational areas.
2. Reporting to the citizens, institutions and other stakeholders on the management and environmental results of the company.
- Publication of the Sustainability Report and open access given to the key environmental parameters.
- Communication with the analysts and participation in various Sustainability indices.
3. Promotion of sustainable environmental practices with suppliers, contractors and customers.
- Use of environmental performance-based supplier qualification criteria.
- Updating/training meetings on the important environmental aspects at the time works are started by passing on the Environmental Policy and explaining how the impacts generated by the activities carried out (waste, emissions, discharges, etc.) are to be managed.
- Assessment of the suppliers based on the environmental performance of the activities carried out on Ansaldo STS’s behalf.
4. Satisfy the legal obligations of compliance and voluntary commitments
- Ensure that the activities are carried out in compliance with said obligations and commitments.
- Assess fulfillment of the subscribed obligations and commitments.
- Correct any non-conformities on observance of subscribed obligations and voluntary commitments.
Ansaldo STS’ environmental policy is based on the application of UNI EN ISO 14001:2015 requirements and those of other relevant international standards, compliance with applicable domestic and international legislation, developing a program focused on the continuous improvement of environmental standards. The policy is shared with all Ansaldo STS personnel and all concerned parties online and via the company Intranet.