In 2011, Ansaldo STS set up the Internal Sustainability Committee (also referred to as the “Committee”), made up of the managers of the main internal departments. The Committee’s mission is to define the Company’s strategic guidelines for sustainable development and the promotion of social responsibility initiatives and see that they are implemented. The Internal Sustainability Committee reports directly to the Managing Director and General Manager of Ansaldo STS and collaborates and coordinates with the Company’s organisational units.
The Committee is responsible for:
- the assessment of social and environmental risks that concern the Company’s operations and evaluating the related performance;
- the definition and monitoring of the sustainability programme, made up of financial, social and environmental objectives;
- the implementation of the codes of conduct in terms from an ethical, social and environmental point of view, such as the Code of Ethics and the CSR and HSE policies and procedures;
- the observance of the reporting standards of the Global Reporting Initiative and initiatives such as the Global Compact and CDP (the former Carbon Disclosure Project);
- the definition and coordination of stakeholder dialogue, discussion and engagement and the sharing of results and the steps to be taken;
- definition and implementation of an internal and external sustainability communication plan.
Involvement of the Board of Directors
In the current governance of the issues relating to sustainability, the Board of Directors is involved in approving the Consolidated Non-Financial Statement and the Sustainability Report while the Managing Director and General Manager approve the sustainability programme, i.e. the action plan to be implemented, the targets to be achieved and the reporting activities.