The Ansaldo STS Group is committed to maintain and develop an array of distinctive skills capable of creating value and ensuring the long-term growth of the company over time.
This commitment is reflected in the strategic guidelines contained in the 2011-2014 Plan, which confirms the selectivity in choosing reference markets, the safeguarding of technological innovation and identifies efficiency targets to be achieved through certain “Excellence Programs”.
The efficiency improvement programs protect current profitability, support a superior growth rate and lead to a structural reduction in the costs of the Group.
|THE EXELLENCE PROGRAMS|
|Programs||Descriptions||Cumulative target 2011/2013|
|Global Supply Chain||Stricter management of costs, including those external to the current and future portfolio of the group||EUR 150 million|
|Lean Manufactuing||Reorganising current production for a more efficient global design of production||EUR 70 million|
|Flexible Delivery||Estebilishing geographically flexible delivery centres, linked to the implementation of the project and centrally led through careful risk management||EUR 40 million|
|Global Development Centres||Gaining economies-of-scale at a corporate level, standardising development plattforms, optimising product families so as to effectively satisfy current and future needs of clients||EUR 30 million|
|Streamlining the Support Functions||To regulate centralised value-added activities in order to improve||EUR 20 million|
- +9.0 % New orders (compared to 2010)
- +19.8 % Order backlog (compared to 2010)
- R.O.S. 9.6 %
- R.O.E. 18.1 %
INNOVATION IN NUMBERS
- EUR 33.9 million invested in Research & Development (2.8% of turnover)
- 440 resources employed in Italy, France, USA and Australia
- 68 registered patents and 18 applied for and being assessed
- 18 trademarks registered and 3 applied for and being assessed
PROJECTS AND HIGHLIGHTS
The 3 strategic lines of Ansaldo STS.
- Selectivity: focus on attractive markets where Ansaldo STS enjoys good competitive positioning.
- Innovation: focus on innovation as a lever to create a competitive advantage able to ensure long-term growth.
- Flexibility and innovation: stay competitive through the optimization of the business model by focusing on the fl exibility of the offer and operating efficiency.
- Financial Highlights
- Risk Management
- Ansaldo on the Stock Exchange
- New Investors
- Investor Kit
- IR Press
- Investor Meeting 2013
- Financial Reports
- Share Cover
- Offices & Contacts